Child Care Roundtable with Rep. Bonamici and the Center for American Progress
Time: Friday, July 17 at 10 a.m. PDT/1 p.m. EDT
CLICK HERE TO RSVP and submit questions in advance.
Join Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici for a roundtable discussion about the importance of child care and the threats it faces in the wake of COVID-19. The Congresswoman has long advocated for increased access to child care and released an in-depth report in June on the current state of child care in Oregon and across the nation.
The roundtable discussion will begin with a presentation from the Center for American Progress on its recent report, "The Coronavirus Will Make Child Care Deserts Worse and Exacerbate Inequality." Experts and advocates from Oregon and across the country will then discuss the current state of child care and how COVID-19 has exacerbated the existing child care crisis, and answer questions from the public.
- Rasheed Malik, Senior Policy Analyst for Early Childhood Policy, Center for American Progress
- Stephanie Schmit, Senior Policy Analyst for Child Care and Early Education, Center for Law and Social Policy
- Melissa Boteach, Vice President for Income Security and Child Care and Early Learning, National Women’s Law Center
- Lucy Recio, Senior Public Policy and Advocacy Analyst, National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Dana Hepper, Director of Policy & Advocacy, Children’s Institute
- Andrea Paluso, Executive Director, Family Forward Oregon
- Nancy Harvey, family child care provider, Service Employees International Union
Please RSVP to receive call in information and submit questions in advance. If you submit this form on Friday, July 17, expect the call-in info by email at 9 a.m. PT (one hour before the call). You can also watch the discussion live on the Congresswoman's YouTube channel.